Dating newquay cornwall sex dating in nashville north carolina

) broad gauge railway intended to link the Cornwall Railway with the horse-worked Newquay Railway.

The Cornwall Railway opened in 1859, providing a broadly west-to-east line giving easier access to markets for the extracted minerals, but although the lines crossed at Par, there was at first no connection; moreover the Cornwall Railway was built on the broad gauge and Treffry's line on the standard gauge, then usually referred to as "narrow gauge".The Cornwall Railway opened a station at Burngullow in 1863 and this was used as a railhead for some china clay production, which was carted to the station.On 4 July 1864 the Newquay and Cornwall Junction Railway was authorised by Act of Parliament to build a 5ΒΌ mile line from Burngullow to connect with the St Dennis branch of Treffry's Newquay line.The Company was authorised to make agreements with the Treffry Estate Trustees to convert the Newquay tramway line to broad gauge and take it over, connecting Newquay to the Cornwall Railway.The Company would reach Hendra, "affording direct communication with Newquay, Par, Fowey and Falmouth".

Access over the Treffry lines would involve a break of gauge.In fact difficulties in raising the required funds prevailed for some time; in addition the route was required to be alter; an authorising Act was obtained in 1868 for an 82 chain (1.65 km) deviation, as well as permitting more capital.At last the short main line (3.5 miles (5.6 km) in length) was opened from Burngullow to Drinnick Mill Clay Works, near Nanpean on 1 July 1869.The Company had exhausted its funds and abandoned plans to extend further.In 1872 it was agreed to lease the line to the newly formed Cornwall Minerals Railway which would complete the connection to the Newquay Railway.It would also convert both this and the Par Tramway for steam engines, and connect these together and with quays at Fowey.